This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the Brainstormer tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. Brainstormer enables participants to express their ideas related to a pre-set topic created by the system administrator.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding and using the Brainstormer tool, click Add Brainstormer Spaces.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Brainstormer tool at the front end.
- Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of Brainstormer. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- In the project’s Manage page, click on Manage for Brainstormer.
The following Brainstormer page is displayed.
- In the Brainstormer page, click the Preview button for the required topic. The following front end view of the selected topic is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
Understanding Front End of the Brainstormer Tool
This section aims to explain various features of the Brainstormer tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to share their ideas regarding a particular topic. The below figure helps system administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front end screen of the Brainstormer tool is quite easy to understand and use. As mentioned earlier, participants can share their ideas for a particular topic in the front end. And for this, participants must perform the following steps:
- Click on the Add Your Idea button. The following screen is displayed. In this screen, as a participant enters an idea in the right section, the preview is simultaneously displayed in the left side.
- Enter an idea in the Add your idea section. In this case, the idea can consist of maximum 140 characters.
- Enter a short description in the Enter a short description section. However, this is optional.
- Click Add Idea to add the idea in the front end screen of Brainstormer. The idea is displayed as illustrated below.
NOTE: Participants can click Cancel NOT to add the idea.
- Share the idea by clicking on Share. The following options are displayed.
Click to share the idea on Facebook, click to share the idea on Twitter, click to share the idea on Linked In, and click to email the idea to people.
- Click Close to close the Share idea on screen.
- To search for an idea, enter the title of the idea in the Search for ideas box.
- To sort ideas based on time, click Time. To sort ideas based on votes of other participants, click Votes. To place ideas in a random order, click Random.
- Share the front end screen of Brainstormer on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn by clicking , and , respectively. Participants can also email the link by clicking on .
Apart from entering their own ideas, participants can vote and share each other’s ideas in the front end screen of Brainstormer. By performing the above actions, participants have successfully used the front end screen of the Brainstormer tool.