This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the News Feed tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. In the News Feed tool, news articles are created by system administrators in the back end and participants can view and share them at the front end.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding this tool in an administrator’s project page, see article Add News Articles.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the News Feed tool at the front end.
- Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of News Feed. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- In the Manage page, click on Manage for News Feed.
The following News Feed page is displayed.
- In the News Feed page, click the Preview button for the required news article. The following front end view of the selected news article is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
Understanding Front End of the News Feed Tool
This section aims to explain various features of the News Feed tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to express their opinions through comments regarding various news articles. They can also share news articles through social networking sites and emails. The below illustrations help system administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front end screen of the News Feed tool is quite easy to understand and use. As mentioned earlier, participants can comment on the news articles and share the same. Participants must perform the following steps in the front end screen of the News Feed tool.
- Read the news article and click in the Comment box to add a comment.
- Select the Notify me when a reply is posted checkbox to receive notifications when a reply is posted by other participants.
- Click Submit to submit the comment and make it visible to other participants.
Click Cancel to ‘not submit’ the comment.
On clicking Submit, your comment is displayed as illustrated below.
- Share the front end screen of News Feed for the selected project on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn by clicking , and respectively. Participants can also email the link by clicking on .
- Click on the Edit button to edit a comment. The following screen is displayed. Participants can edit the current comment, or enter a new one and then click Submit.
- Click the Like or Dislike button to like or dislike comments posted by other participants.
- Click on the Like button to like this page.
- Click the Recently active option to place the recently active comments on top, followed by the less active comments.
Click the Posted first option to place comments that were posted at the start of the discussion at the top, followed by other comments.
- Use categories to tag cloud to the news article. These are useful if you are planning to use the News Categories widget. Multiple categories, separated by commas, can be used.
- In the above front end view of News Feed, click category 1, the following page is displayed. Here, participants can view the news that was fed using the News Categories widget by system administrators. When they enter a category, the News Categories widget picks it up. This widget collates all categories that you have used in your article.
- Click on the Show all option to view all news articles for the selected project.
By performing the above actions, participants have successfully used the front end screen of the News Feed tool.