This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the Q & A tool, from the front end. Participants use this tool to ask questions or raise issues within the community to which system administrators can respond, privately or publicly. This tool helps to build a transparent record of a system administrator’s responses. Here, participant’s questions (raised at the front end) are displayed on the Manage Questions page of EHQ (back end). These questions are answered by administrators and submitted. All participants can view only those questions that have public responses. Questions that are unanswered or have a private response are not displayed at the front end.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding this tool in an administrator’s project page, see article Add Q & A (Questions & Answers).
Following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Q & A tool at the front end.
- Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of Q & A. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- In the Manage page, click on Manage for Q & A.
The following Manage Questions page is displayed.
- In the Manage Questions page, click on the Preview link. The following front end screen is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
NOTE: Participants can view the Q & A page only when published. Unpublished Q & A is in ‘Draft’ state, and can be viewed only by administrators in the preview mode.
- Click on the Q & A tab in the front end screen.
- Participant must enter an appropriate question in the Ask a specific question box and click Submit.
This question, at the front end is now displayed in the back end of the Q & A tool, where system administrators can respond to, either privately or publicly.
To respond to a question, a system administrator must perform the following steps:
- Answer Privately – Click this option to allow ONLY that participant who raised the query to view the response. In this case, other participants cannot view the response of the administrator.
- Answer Publicly – Click this option to allow all participants to view the response.
In this case, the administrator has clicked on the Answer Publicly option. The following screen is displayed.
- Enter a response in the text box and click Submit. The response can be formatted using various formatting options available in the tool bar.
Administrators can view the following screen in the back end.
- Next, click Publish to publish the response and make it visible to the participant(s) at the front end. The following Details tab is displayed on the screen.
- Enter a suitable title in the Title field. Enter an introduction message and an acknowledgement message in the Introduction and Thank You Message fields, respectively.
- Click Update.
- Click the Preview link located on the top right corner of the Manage Questions page to view the front end screen of the Q & A tool.
Participants can view the public response at the front end, as illustrated in the figure below.
- To search for a question or an answer, participants can type keywords in the Search box.
By performing the above actions, administrators and participants have successfully used the Q & A tool.