This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the Quick Poll tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. Quick polls are used by system administrators to set polls so that participants can cast their votes regarding a particular topic or issue. This is one feature of EHQ that can be configured as a tool as well as a widget, based on your requirements.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Quick Poll tool at the front end.
- Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of Quick Poll. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- In the project’s Manage page, click on Manage for Quick Poll.
The following Quick Polls page is displayed.
- In the Quick Polls page, click the Preview button for the required poll question. The following front end view of the selected poll question is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
NOTE: All unpublished Quick Polls tool items are in the ‘Draft State’ and only administrators can view these in the preview mode.
Understanding Front End of the Quick Polls Tool
This section aims to explain various features of the Quick Polls tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to cast their votes regarding a particular topic or issue. The below figure helps system administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front end screen of the Quick Polls tool is quite easy to understand and use. As mentioned earlier, participants can respond to the poll questions in the front end. Participants must perform the following steps in the front end screen of the Quick Polls tool.
- Read the poll question and click on the appropriate option to cast a vote.
- Click Submit. The following screen is displayed.
NOTE: Participants can change their votes by clicking the Change Vote option. The following page is displayed.
On clicking the Submit button, participants can view the acknowledgement message that was set in the Quick Polls page of EHQ (back end).
By performing the above actions, participants have successfully used the front end screen of the Quick Polls tool.