This article helps system administrators to understand the appearance and process of using various features of the Surveys & Forms tool, from the front end. The tool settings are done by the administrator in EHQ (back end), and these settings are reflected at the front end. In the Surveys & Forms tool, survey questions are created by system administrators in the back end and participants can enter or select their responses at the front end.
NOTE: To understand the process of adding this tool in an administrator’s project page, see article Add and Manage Surveys & Forms.
The following steps describe how to preview and access various features of the Surveys & Forms tool at the front end.
- Select the Projects link and click on the project for which you want to view the front end of Surveys & Forms. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- In the project’s Manage page, click on Manage for Surveys & Forms.
The following Surveys & Forms page is displayed.
- In the Surveys & Forms page, click the Preview button for the required survey. The following front end view of the selected survey is displayed. This is the page that a participant can view and access.
NOTE: All unpublished Surveys & Forms tool items are displayed as ‘Draft’. Only administrators can view these in the preview mode.
Understanding Front End of the Surveys & Forms Tool
This section aims to explain various features of the Surveys & Forms tool available at the front end. Participants use this screen to answer survey questions regarding a particular topic. They can also share these surveys through social networking sites and emails. The below illustrations help system administrators to understand how changes made in the back end are implemented in the front end.
The front end screen of the Surveys & Forms tool is quite easy to understand and use. As mentioned earlier, participants can respond to the survey questions in the front end. Participants must perform the following steps in the front end screen of the Surveys & Forms tool.
- Click on the Take Survey button.
The following screen is displayed.
- Respond to the survey questions. These questions can be in the form of essays, drop-down menus, radio buttons, checkboxes, dates, ranks and so on.
- After entering the responses, click the Submit button.
Participants can now view the acknowledgement message that you had entered in the Acknowledgement Message text box of your project’s survey page.
By performing the above actions, participants have successfully used the front end screen of the Surveys & Forms tool.