The "Follow Project" is the latest widget introduced in EngagementHQ. The following two tasks can be achieved on adding this widget in a project:
- Participants can subscribe to receive updates from this project. It can be done with already registered accounts or just with a new email ID.
- After a participant subscribes in the Email function, the administrator can select all subscribed participants when sending a newsletter.
The following steps describe how to integrate the Follow Project widget in your EHQ project using the Widgets feature.
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click the project to which you want to add the Follow Project widget. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- Click on the Widgets tab. A list of active and available widgets, which can be added to your project, is displayed.
- Click on Follow Project in the Available Widgets list to add it to the Active Widgets list.
You can view the following screen in the Active Widgets list. The number of participants who have subscribed for updates from this project is displayed in the Follow Project widget.
- Click Save. You have successfully integrated the Follow Project widget in your EHQ project using the Widgets feature. After adding the Follow Project widget in the Active Widgets list, you can edit/view, hide or delete it.
- To edit or view the Follow Project widget in the Active Widget list, click the Edit button. The following screen is displayed.
- To hide the Follow Project widget, click the Hide button. If you click Preview, you will notice that the Follow Project widget is hidden in the project’s page.
The following figure illustrates the project’s page with the Follow Project widget hidden.
The following figure illustrates project’s page with the Follow Project widget NOT hidden.
- To delete the Follow Project widget from the project, click the Delete button.
The following dialog box is displayed.
- Click OK to delete the Follow Project widget. The following screen is displayed, wherein the Follow Project widget is no longer displayed in the Active Widgets list.
After integrating the Follow Project widget in your project, participants are allowed to subscribe to updates from this project without registering. You can keep the subscribers of your project informed about updates by sending them newsletters. In case your project is in Draft status, this widget is disabled. Participants can subscribe only to published projects. On archiving this project, the Follow Project widget does not appear on the project anymore.
Participants can view the Follow Project widget in the project’s landing page.
Registered and unregistered participant have a slightly different user experience when following a project.
The following steps describe how UNREGISTERED participants can subscribe to a project.
- After they have provided their email address, the following message is displayed.
- Unregistered participants will receive an email prompting them to confirm their email or to register on the site.
The following steps describe how REGISTERED participants can subscribe to a project.
- After subscribing to the project, a link is provided to Manage your subscriptions link to manage and view your subscriptions.
- Clicking on the link will display the following Manage Email Preferences page.
NOTE: For more information on managing email subscriptions, see article Managing Email Subscriptions.