This is only available to sites who are participating in the Early Release stage of our 'Revamped Participants Page'.
Groups is a new feature of the Engagement HQ tool that contains a list of participant’s (or recipient’s) email addresses. These groups consists of email addresses that are categorized under a single name (or group), based on their functionalities. In this article you will understand the usage of groups to email Newsletters. See article Revamped Participants Page to learn more about groups.
The following steps describe the process to use groups to email Newsletters.
- Click on the Email link in the EHQ tool. The following Newsletters page is displayed.
- Click on Edit. The Select Recipients page is displayed.
- Click on the Groups tab. The following page is displayed. The number on the Groups tab (in this case, 12) indicates the number of groups available. Groups save you the time and effort involved in entering the email addresses of each recipient individually.
- Click on the All Groups checkbox, to select all groups. Or, select only the required groups by clicking on the respective checkboxes.
NOTE: In case of many groups, you can use the Search box to search for the required group.
- Click on the View button. The following page displays the screen names, email addresses and subscribe status of the recipients. Here, you can click on the checkboxes to unselect the recipients.
NOTE: In case of many recipients you can use the Search box to search for a recipient.
- Click on to close the page.
- Next, in the Select Recipients page, click on the Review & Send button.
The following Review & Send page is displayed.
- Finally, click Send Newsletter. A message indicating that your newsletter is sent is displayed.
You have successfully used groups to email your newsletter.