The Forum tool allows you to open topics for discussion by your community. You activate the Forum tool and populate it with topics of discussion.
To use the Forum tool, you need to add it to your page. The following steps describe how to add the tool:
- Click on the Projects link to go to the Manage page.
- Click on the Tools A list of tools are displayed that can be added to your page.
- Select the Forum tool and click Save.
You have successfully added the Forum tool to your EHQ page.
Once the Forum tool is added to your EHQ page, you can rename, manage or remove the tool using the provided options. The Manage link displays the Forum tool page. On this page, you can add and publish a topic of your choice.
- Click on Add New Topic.
- The Add forum topic page is displayed. Enter the title of the Forum topic.
- Enter the description in the Description box.
Note: For long introductions you can truncate the description and it will place a “read more” link after the first 100 words. Remember to maintain important information and calls to action in the first 100 words.
You can allow participants to ask questions by selecting the "Allow unverified participation" check box.
- From the Relates to drop down menu you can select any option and link it to the information on your site.
- Click Create to complete adding a forum topic.
The new forum topic is saved and displayed in the Draft Tab until it is published. You can view all the new Forum topics in the All tab. Archived topics are displayed in the Archived tab. Published topics are displayed in the Published tab.