You can hyperlink documents from the 'Document Library' widget to your Engagement Tools like Forum, News Article, Survey etc.
You can choose if a document downloads automatically or opens in a new tab. To obtain any link, right click on the desired document and select “Save Link As” (MAC) or "Copy Link Location" (PC).
1. When you copy a link from the Project preview page, the link looks like:
This will download the PDF when you click on the link.
2. When you copy the link from the 'Information>Library' section for the same document:
This is the Amazon server link, this will open the PDF in the new tab and NOT download it.
Once you have decided what link you want to use, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to desired hyperlink location (Project Description, news article etc) and select “edit”.
- Enter desired text to contain the link and highlight the text.
- Select the Insert/Edit link icon.(attached screenshot. Ignore the 'Open in new tab option')
- In the “link URL” field paste in copied URL of the document.
- Enter title of the document and click Insert.
- Click Save to apply changes.