Your EngagementHQ site can be set up for any domain/URL that is available. There are two options for you to choose from:
- We purchase and manage the domain for you. In this case, please get in touch with us and we check your preferred domain for availability and take it from there.
- You use a subdomain of your organisation's website. For example, one of our demonstration sites runs under demonstration.engagementhq.com, which is a subdomain of engagementhq.com. In most cases, you would want to do this because, depending on the sector you work in, it allows you to use .gov or .edu domains, which have a higher credibility with search engines and cannot be purchased by us.
If you go with option number two, there are a few things you need to do.
- Pick a subdomain you like. Make it short and snappy, e.g. engage.yourwebsite.com.au
- Talk to your IT team and ask them to set up a CNAME record (your IT or Web team will understand what this means) to direct the subdomain to one of the three below, depending on your location:
- In Australia / New Zealand: platform.engagementhq.com
- In UK: platform.uk.engagementhq.com
- In Canada: platform.ca.engagementhq.com
- In USA: platform.us.engagementhq.com
- If this is set up correctly, you should see a "Domain is pointing to EngagementHQ." message and a little EHQ favicon when you try to access the URL. In this case, well done and please get in touch with us to confirm. Please note, between step 2 and step 3 it can take a few hours to take effect. This should be taken into consideration when planning your EHQ launch.
NOTE: You can have multiple domains pointing to the same EHQ, but only 1(!) can be your primary domain. That means all other domains will redirect visitors to your primary domain.