Brainstormer is a tool that helps you funnel all the ideas based on your pre-set topics.
To use the Brainstormer tool, you need to first add it to your project page. The following steps describe how to add the tool to a project:
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click the project for which you want Brainstormer enabled. This displays the Manage Page.
- Click on the Tools option. A list of tools that can be added to your page is displayed.
- Select the Brainstormer tool and click Save.
The following screen indicating that the tool is updated successfully is displayed in the project’s Manage page. You can view the Brainstormer tool in the selected project of EHQ.
After the tool is added to your project’s Manage page, you can rename, manage or remove it using the provided options. The Manage link displays the Brainstormer tool page. On this page, you can add, manage and publish a new Brainstormer.
- Click Manage. The following Brainstormer page is displayed.
- Click on the Add button to add a new brainstormer. The following Create Brainstormer section is displayed in the Brainstormer page.
- Enter the title of the Brainstormer in the Title section of Create Brainstormer.
- Enter the description in the Description box.
- View the permanent link in the Permalink field. This URL is generated automatically after you enter the title in the Title field. For example: In the screenshot below, the title entered is Testing Brainstormer Tool and the URL extension is automatically generated as testing-brainstormer-tool.
- Enter relevant tags based on the Brainstormer title and description in the Tags field.
- Select the Send email acknowledgement to participant when a new idea is added checkbox to send email acknowledgement(s) to participant(s) when a new idea is added to the project’s Brainstormer tool. Enter the email address(es) in the field provided below.
- Select the Send email notifications to admins when new ideas are added checkbox to send email notification(s) to administrator(s) when new ideas are added to the project’s Brainstormer tool. Enter the email address(es) in the field provided below.
- Set the Voting Dates by clicking on Indefinite Voting or Scheduled Voting located on the right side of the Brainstormer page.
- Indefinite Voting: It is selected by default. It is perfect for long-running brainstormers to accumulate ideas over the time. Ideas can be added and voted for as soon as the brainstormer is published.
- Scheduled Voting: Set a timeframe for when voting is allowed. As soon as the voting is open, ideas can no longer be added. This splits the Brainstormer into an idea collection period and a voting period.
- On clicking the Scheduled Voting option, the following screen pops up.
- To schedule a voting date, click on the calendar icon for Start Voting On. The following screen is displayed. Select an appropriate date and time from the Start Voting Date Scheduler and click Done.
NOTE: If no starting date is chosen for the voting, it will start at brainstormer publish.
- Click on the calendar icon of Conclude Voting On field. The following screen is displayed. Select an appropriate date and time from the Conclude Voting Date Scheduler and click Done.
- Click Save after you have entered all the details.
The saved Brainstormer is displayed as a draft until it is published. You can view all the new Brainstormers in the All tab. Archived Brainstormers are displayed in the Archived tab. Published Brainstormers are displayed in the Published tab.