Providing key documents in your consultations is crucial. You want to give your community as much information as needed for them to get 'informed' and make a valuable contribution.
The Document Library is the place to upload all key documents. You will also want to make sure to include links from project and tool descriptions to the documents for easy navigation.
In addition, there is a great (and free) complement to EHQ's library. Slideshare allows you to easily share documents with the world and then include it as a slideshow in EHQ.
- Documents are visible and accessible to the visitor without the need to download them first
- Documents are more accessible, for example through mobile phones. Again, there is no need to download the document first
- Because it is more visual than a simple link, it can help you promote a document in particular
- Easy to use
- It is a third party app. You don't have control over any changes that might occur at Slideshare's end in terms of their service or options
- While you can see the amount of downloads on EHQ through our reporting, you might not be able to check how many times documents have been viewed through Slideshare
If you feel like you want to give it a try, have a look at our detailed instructions here.
|If you use Slideshare we recommend you do so in addition to using EHQ's library. Providing the document for download is best practice, even if this means its available through both your library as well as the Slideshare widget.|
For good measure see below for an example of slideshare embedded into EHQ and a slideshare embedded into this article.