EHQ’s Surveys & Forms tool is one of the most popular tools. It is very useful when there is a necessity to gather large amount of information quickly and efficiently. See article When to use a Survey or Form to understand the importance of using surveys and forms in projects. See Setup and Manage Surveys and Forms to understand the technical process of setting up a survey.
Engagement HQ enables users to replicate surveys within a project or clone from one project to another. This article explains the process to clone an existing survey into another project.
The following steps describe the process to clone an existing survey into a project.
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click the project for which you want to clone the survey. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- Click Tools. A list of tools that can be added to the project’s Manage page is displayed.
- Select the Surveys & Forms checkbox and click Save.
You have successfully added the Surveys & Forms tool to your project’s Manage page.
- Next, click the Manage button of Surveys & Forms. The following Surveys & Forms page is displayed.
- Click the Clone Survey button. The following Clone Survey page is displayed.
- Click on the Project drop-down menu and select the project in which the original survey appears first.
- Click on the Survey drop-down menu and select the survey you want to clone.
- Click Clone Survey. The message ‘Cloned survey successfully’ is displayed on the page that directs you to the cloned Survey Setting page. The new survey initially contains a ‘-copy’ in its name to set it apart from the original survey. You can now edit the new survey.
- Enter a new title in the Title field, if required.
- Enter a new welcome message in the Welcome Message text box, if required.
- Enter a new acknowledgement message in the Acknowledgement Message text box, if required.
- Edit the message in Display message to participants who have previously submitted text box, if required.
- The Permalink is automatically displayed. However, you can change it, if required.
- Edit the email settings by clicking the drop-down arrows of Email Settings, if required.
- Change selections for Participation Type and Submission Type, if required.
- Finally, click Update. The following page is displayed. Here, you can add questions for the survey.
- Click on the type of questions you want to include in the Question Types section. You can see that these are added in the page.
NOTE: You can add more than one type of questions.
- Enter your questions for survey in the above figure. Click Add. The questions are added in the survey.
- Click Print to check the print preview and take a print out of the survey questions.
- Click Settings to go back to the Survey Settings page. Here, you can edit the fields, if required.
- Finally, click Done. The cloned survey is displayed in the Surveys & Forms page.
You have successfully cloned an existing survey into another project.