The EHQ tool enables you to schedule the date and time to publish and archive a project or a news article. This saves a lot of time, especially when you want to launch or close a project or a news article in advance. This article explains the process to carry out the following operations:
- Schedule Publishing of a Project
- Schedule Archiving of a Project
- Schedule Publishing of a News Feed
Schedule Publishing of a Project
After creating a new project, you can choose to publish it immediately or set a schedule. The following steps describe how to set a schedule or publish the project immediately.
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click on the project that you want to publish. This displays the project’s Manage page.
- On the Manage page, click the Publish button. The following Publish Project screen is displayed.
You can view the following two options on the Publish Project screen:
- Publish now – an option to publish the project immediately.
- Schedule publish – an option to set a time for self publish.
- Select Publish now and click Submit to publish the project immediately. Your project is successfully published.
Select Schedule publish and click on the calendar icon to set a date and time for publishing.
- Select a date for publish from the drop-down calendar and enter the time in the Hour and Minute fields. Click Done.
NOTE: The time set must be your local time. You can also click Now to set the current date and time.
- Click Submit.
You have successfully set the project publish schedule.
- Check the publish date and time on your project’s Manage page. This indicates that the schedule is saved.
To reset or cancel the schedule
After you have set a schedule to publish your project, you can reset or cancel it.
- Click on the schedule date displayed in the panel of the project’s Manage page. The following Publish Project screen is displayed.
- Click the following:
- Publish now - to publish the project immediately.
- Schedule publish - to reschedule the publishing by clicking on the calendar icon.
- Submit – to reset the schedule.
- Cancel Schedule - to delete the existing schedule.
- Cancel – to close the Publish Project screen.
The new schedule is displayed in the panel of the project’s Manage page.
On publishing, you can view the following message at the top end of your project’s Manage page.
Schedule Archiving of a Project
After publishing a project, you can also schedule its archival. You must archive the project to complete collecting contributions from your community. After the project is archived, visitors can view the project, but cannot use the tools. The following steps describe how to schedule a project’s archive.
- On your project’s Manage page, click the Archive button.
The following Archive Project screen is displayed. The steps to schedule archive are similar to schedule project publish.
- Click the Archive now option to archive the project immediately. You have successfully archived the project.
Click the Schedule for later option and select a date and time by clicking on the calendar icon.
- Edit the archival message in the Archival Message text box, if required.
- Select the Keep archived project visible to participants checkbox if you want the archived project to be visible to participants. Unselecting/unchecking the checkbox hides the project from participants after archiving it. However, you can manually hide the project later.
- Click Submit to archive the project. In case you choose the Archive now option in the Archive Project screen, your project is archived immediately and you can view the Unarchive and Hide buttons on the panel of the project’s Manage page. You can click Unarchive to unarchive the project and Hide to hide the project from visitors.
In case you choose the Schedule for later option in the Archive Project page, the date and time of archival is displayed in the panel of project’s Manage page.
You have successfully set the archive schedule. You can edit the archive schedule by clicking on the date in the panel. After the project’s archival, do not forget to inform your community about the outcomes of this project by sending them a newsletter.
Schedule Publishing of a News Feed
After creating a news article, you can choose to publish it immediately or set a schedule. The following steps describe how to publish a news article immediately or set a schedule for its publishing.
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click the project in which the news article is located. The Manage page is displayed.
- In the list of tools, click Manage next to News Feed. The News Feed page is displayed.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to the article and select Publish to publish the news article immediately.
- To schedule publishing of the news feed, click on the clock icon. A calendar pops up. Set the date and time. Click Done.
NOTE: You can also click Now to set the current date and time.
The date and stamp next to your article indicates that the news article is successfully scheduled for publishing.
To reset or cancel the news article publishing schedule
After you have set a schedule to publish your news article, you can reset or cancel it. Click on the clock icon. You can see the following 2 options:
- Reshedule – Select this option to set a new schedule.
- Cancel schedule – Select this option to cancel the set schedule.
Similarly you can archive the news article by clicking on the Archive option in the drop-down menu. Please note that only published articles can be archived.
NOTE: You cannot schedule to unpublish a news article. The difference between archiving and unpublishing an article is:
- Archive - the article is still visible, but a participant cannot comment if they were previously allowed.
- Publish - makes an article live and visible on the site.
- Unpublish - moves a previously published article to draft status and removes it from the site.
- Delete - permanently deletes the news article.