There are a wide range of browsers out there. The most popular are Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
EHQ SUPPORTED BROWSERS
EngagementHQ supports a range of browsers - i.e. ensures that the EHQ platform looks and works as it should across the supported browsers. These are:
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Chrome 40 and above
- Firefox 35 and above
- Safari 7 and above
UPGRADING YOUR BROWSER
If you are on an older version of these browsers, we highly recommend you upgrade to the latest. Not only will you have a better EHQ experience, you'll have a much better (and definitely safer!) general web experience too.
You can check what browser you are using here http://whatbrowser.org/ or http://thismachine.info/
You can update your browser here http://browsehappy.com/
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT
Having the latest browser is important for a number of reasons. Here's why you should try to keep your browser updated on a regular basis:
- Security: this is the number one reason you should update your browsers. Each new version of a browser patches any known security holes. Internet Explorer, one of the most widely used browsers is closely linked to Microsoft, so any security holes make it easy for hackers to access your computer files.
- Web Standard Compliance: similar to security, each new browser release makes improvements to their web accessibility standards. That means on older browsers, many websites will not display properly, EHQ included. Having a new browser means you will have a much better User Experience (UX). Think about how many hours you spend online?
- Faster speeds: newer browsers have much faster processing and rendering speeds - means less time you spend waiting for pages to load! To quote Sweet Brown..."Ain't nobody got time for that!"
- Better usability: there's a whole range of things that relate to this, but one of the big things is tabbed browsing - talk about being able to multi-browse.
- More control: newer browsers give you much more control over your private data, settings, cookies and cache actions.
If you were wondering which browsers we would recommend, we'll leave you with this cute little Conversation Between Browsers image and let you draw your own conclusions ;-)