In EHQ, you can allow your participants to register on the site using Facebook or Twitter.
NOTE: This particular functionality is fairly old and will soon be reviewed. In the meantime, we recommend you do NOT enable either of these functions.
A participant that chooses this method of registration, as opposed to the regular way, will be able to login to your site using their Facebook (FB) or Twitter (TW) log in credentials once registered.
How does it work?
1. After clicking on 'register', the participant is given the option to 'Login with Facebook' or 'Login with Twitter'.
2. The application will take the participant to his TW or FB account, asks him to sign in to his account and to allow EHQ and FB or TW to 'talk to each other'.
In Twitter for instance, it would look like this:
3. The participant will be directed back to your EHQ site and will need to fill in your registration form. This is necessary to capture the demographic information you ask participants for in the registration process.
4. After the registration is submitted and the participant has verified their email account, they can now log in using FB or TW. There is no need for them to remember their screen name or password to the EHQ site. It also means that they will be automatically logged into your site if they remain logged in to Facebook or Twitter on their computer.
How to enable Facebook and Twitter log in?
Navigate to 'Site Settings' and the tab 'Participation'. Here, you can tick the boxes for TW and FB:
For TW, ticking the box is all you need to do. For FB, you need to set up the 'App' within FB and obtain the 'Application ID' as well as the 'Application Secret'. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:
1. You will need to register with FB as a developer. It is free and easy to do. You do however need to use your private FB account, rather than your organisation's FB Page. Follow the steps as described here.
2. Create an app (see detailed steps here). Once you have set up the app, you will be able to see a screen similar to the one below
3. Copy and paste both codes, the one from the 'Application ID' and the 'Application Secret' and paste the numbers into the appropriate fields in EHQ. The FB login field will now appear on your site in the registration/login page.
4. TEST IT! Do some testing with your account to see if everything works correctly. It will also help you understand the process participants go through if they choose to register with FB or TW.