The Stories tool allows the participants to add in their experiences. To use the tool, you need to add it to your EHQ page. The following steps describe how to add the tool:
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click the project for which you want Stories This will display the Manage page.
- Click on the Tools A list of tools are displayed that can be added to your page.
- Select the Stories tool and click Save.
You have successfully added the Stories tool to your EHQ page.
Once the Stories tool is added to your EHQ page, you can rename, manage or remove the tool using the provided options. The Manage link displays the Stories page. This page has three sections; Manage Stories, Configure, and Email Configuration.
Note: After a participant submits a story, it is waiting for acceptance. The story can still be edited or deleted. After the story has been accepted, the story can still be edited by the participant, however, after a change has been made, it will be unpublished again and waiting for another acceptance.
Manage Stories: All the stories submitted are displayed here. You can accept or reject the stories and can rearrange them too.
Configure: You can choose the type of moderation for stories in this tab.
- On-Site Moderation: This option allows you to either accept all the stories or reject all the stories yourself.
- Peacekeeper Moderation: Once you select this option, Bang the Table's moderators will take on the moderation.
Note: Peacekeeper Moderation is available only if you have purchased it. Please check with us if you are unsure.
- Allow Comments: This will allow the community to comment on the stories published. This will also activate moderation of the comments.
NOTE: Even if you allow comments to be made, the participant can still opt out of receiving comments on their own story. This is possible because some stories might be very personal and the storyteller might not feel comfortable receiving comments on their story.
- Allow Unverified Comments: You can allow unverified participants to comment on the story. For doing this, they will be prompted for a user name and email ID. They do not have to register for commenting on the story.
The following steps describe how to configure messages to the participants at the point of submitting a story:
- Select the Moderation type, Allow comments and/or Allow unverified comments check boxes. Enter a brief introduction of the story in Introduce the theme for the stories box.
- Enter a thank you message for the participants in the Thank you message to user on submitting a story box.
- Click Submit.
Email Configuration: You can set different email notifications for admins and participants:
- Notification sent to admin when a new story added
- Notification sent to user when his story has been accepted
- Notification sent to user when his story has been rejected
- Acknowledgement sent to a registered user when he adds a new story
The following steps describe how to set up email notifications using the Notification sent to admin when a new story added option. The other notifications are done similarly and are not outlined below:
- Click the Email Configuration tab.
- Click Notification sent to admin when a new story added. Enter the subject of the email in the Email Subject field.
Note: You can use placeholders here. For example [CLIENT_NAME], [SITE_NAME], [PROJECT_NAME] or [FORUM_TOPIC_NAME] in your subject (including the brackets) and these would get populated when the email is sent.
- Enter text in the Email text box.
Note: You can use placeholders here. For example [CLIENT_NAME], [SITE_NAME], [PROJECT_NAME], [FORUM_TOPIC_NAME] in your email (including the brackets) and these would get populated when the email is sent.
- Enter the email IDs of the recipients in the Recipients box. You can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- Click Update to configure the email.