To use the News Feed tool, you need to add it to your EHQ page. The following steps describe how to add the tool:
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click the project for which you want News Feed This will display the Manage page.
- Click on the Tools A list of tools are displayed that can be added to your page.
- Select the News Feed tool and click Save.
You have successfully added the News Feed tool to your EHQ page.
Once the News Feed tool is added to your EHQ page, you can rename, manage or remove the tool using the provided options. The Manage link displays the News Feed page. On this page, you can add and publish a news article of your choice.
- Click on Add News Article.
- The Add News Article page is displayed. Enter the title of the news article.
- Enter the title link in the Title Link box.
Note: Enter a valid web address or type a forward-slash (/) to pick from a list of the forums onsite. You can also leave this blank to let the title simply link to the full news article.
- Enter the description in the Description box.
Note: For long articles, you can truncate the description and it will place a “read more” link after the first 100 words. Remember to maintain important information and calls to action in the first 100 words.
The Allow unverified participation check box enables the community to participate and comment without registering. They will be prompted for username and email address.
The Allow comments check box enables the community to comment on the article. This also activates moderation.
- Enter the categories in the Categories box to tag cloud to your news article. They come in handy if you are planning on using the News Categories widget.
Note: You can have multiple categories separated by commas.
- Click Create to finish adding the news article.