The EHQ tool allows you to bulk email participants from within the site. You can use this feature to keep your community updated or to call them to the site to take any action, if required. The Email link is used for the following:
- to provide a list of newsletters and its status (draft or sent)
- to preview and edit newsletters any time you want to
The following steps describe how to send emails or newsletters to your database.
- Click on the Email link. The Newsletters page is displayed. You can create a new newsletter and then email it. Or, you can pick the ones already existing in the Newsletters page.
- Click the Create Newsletter button to create a new newsletter. The Design Newsletter page is displayed.
- Enter a subject in the Subject text field.
- Select the Show site logo checkbox to include your site logo.
- Click on Select Banner drop-down list to apply a site banner or project banner.
- Enter the email content in the Content field. You can edit the already existing sample text, or delete it to enter new information.
- Click the Preview button. The Preview Newsletter page is displayed. Here, you can preview the newsletter and check for errors.
- Click the Edit Design button located at the end of the Preview Newsletter page to edit the newsletter.
- Click the Send Test Email button to send yourself and your colleagues test emails.
- Click the Select Recipients button to email the newsletter to the required recipients. The Select Recipients page is displayed.
- Click on the ALL PROJECTS checkbox to select all the listed projects.
Or, click on the checkboxes located next to the project names to select only the required projects.
- When you select a project, a participant who has registered through that project initially or is an engaged participant of that project is added to the mailing list.
- You can also enter the name of the project in the Search box to look for a particular project. This is helpful when many projects are listed together.
- Click the View option.
A list with participant’s email addresses is displayed. You can remove a participant from the list by unselecting the checkbox next to the email address.
- Click the Review & Send button. The Review & Send page is displayed. Glance through the newsletter once again if required.
- Click the Edit Design button to make the necessary changes.
Click Send Newsletter to send the newsletter to the recipients.
The following page indicating that your newsletter is sent successfully is displayed.