The Quick Poll tool of EHQ is used by administrators to set polls and by participants to cast their votes regarding a particular topic or issue. This is one feature of EHQ that can be configured as a tool as well as a widget, based on the user’s requirements. This article describes the process of using Quick Poll as a widget. To add Quick Poll as a tool, see article Add a Quick Poll. The following steps describe how to set Quick Poll as a widget.
- Select the Projects link and from the drop-down menu, click on the project in which you want to add Quick Poll as a widget. This action displays the project’s Manage page.
- Click on Tools. Various active tools are displayed below the Tools option. Click on Quick Poll.
The following Quick Polls page is displayed.
- Click the Settings button. The following page is displayed.
- In the Layout option for Quick Poll, select the Display Quick Poll in Widget option and click on the Update button. The following messages are displayed.
- Click on the here link to enable the Quick Poll widget in the project. The following Add more widgets page is displayed.
- Click the Add button in the Quick Poll box.
Quick Poll is now displayed in the Active list.
- Click Done. The following Active Widgets screen is displayed. The message ‘Quick Poll added’ indicates that Quick Poll is added in widgets.
You have successfully added Quick Poll in widgets. You can Edit, Delete or Hide the Quick Poll using the provided options.
Note: After adding the poll, you can view the results in the contemporary bar chart view. There are few do’s and don’ts of the Quick Poll that you need to check:
- Run concurrent polls.
- Have multiple polls display in the widget views.
- Select a default poll of your choice to display in the widget view.
- Click through open polls by clicking the Next or Previous buttons.
- Complete a Quick Poll without registering.
Note: Unverified users have to provide an email address before they can submit.
- Change your vote at any time.
- View this perfectly on the mobile version.
- Have the widget and the tool display active at once.
- Ask the same Question more than once.