We have updated the logic of dates displayed on your home and project pages. It will now reflect the 'published at' date, as opposed to the 'created at' date. This change will take effect from Wednesday, 12 April 2017.
As this is applied retrospectively, this will impact the public facing side of your EHQ. Please read on for all details.
Where are dates in EHQ shown?
There are six elements that automatically display a date.
- Project cards on home pages
- Places maps on project pages
- Forum topics on project pages
- News posts on project pages
- Catalog details on home pages
- Brainstormer instances on project pages
Why the change?
Showing the date of project or tool creation, which we have done so far, only made sense if you published it all on the same day. Otherwise, the date is inaccurate very quickly. Also, being the 'created at' date, this date could never be updated.
This has been brought to our attention regularly over the last few months, highlighting to us that we needed to address this.
How is 'published at' date better?
There are two benefits of showing the 'published at' date.
- The date actually reflects the day of when you published your project, forum, news article, etc.
- It allows you to update any date by simply unpublishing the project or tool and publishing it again.
We hope this will make EHQ that little bit better again. If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com.